fter 2 years with live screening, we are changing it to broaden the audience with Online Screening Festival as well, and opening entries from all filmmakers and teams.
This festival is not only to encourage filmmakers of ALL backgrounds with a passion to use the 7th art to create films that inspire others and make the world a better place but also to promote the teamwork between Deaf and Hearing filmmakers on set.
We will host 4 ONLINE competitions which will be open for the whole worldwide audience. The film with most views will win the Audience Choice Award*.
The winners and runners-up films will be screened live at the 3rd TSWY International Film Festival with Live Screenings in 2020, and the filmmakers will be invited to the Award Ceremony (in Los Angeles) to receive their prizes.
Films are eligible if they consist of at least 1(ONE) of the following criteria:
1 - Film must have a positive and empowering message that impact the modern society and humanity. (i.e. films about abortion, addictions, rape culture, disability rights, racism) (Crew and cast CAN be all hearing or all deaf)
2 - Film must have been made by a Deaf AND hearing crew and cast where at least 1 Deaf and 1 Hearing worked in a prominent position of the crew or cast. (i.e. Writer, Director, Producer, Lead Actor) (Any theme/story/genre is acceptable)
- Films previously submitted to the TSWY International Film Festival are not eligible for this year's festival.
- ABSOLUTELY NO DOCUMENTARIES, MUSIC VIDEOS, WEBSERIES EPISODES/PILOT, ANIMATION.
- ALL films MUST have OPEN CAPTIONS. Films submitted with close captions will be reviewed, however if in consideration, the filmmaker will be requested to submit an open caption version. If filmmaker fails to comply with the request or miss the deadline, the film will be declined.
- There must not be a screening fee attached to the film. TSWY Film Fest will not pay a screening fee to any film featured in the Festival; there are no exceptions.
- Films that have had a theatrical release, a television broadcast within or outside the United States or a release through an on-demand outlet such as Netflix, Amazon On-Demand or any other outlets are not eligible.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
In addition to the eligibility requirements listed above, filmmakers must comply with the following submission rules:
- The submitting filmmaker must be either the producer or director of the film and have the all rights and copyrights to their films. By Submitting to the festival, filmmakers thereby grant TSWY Film Fest the right to screen their film.
-Entries are accepted through www.filmfreeway.com ONLY
- Payment of the non-refundable entry fee must accompany the submission. Payment must be submitted through FilmFreeway.com ONLY
- Link to a functional streaming video file (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) in high definition 720p or 1080p. If the link is password-protected, the password is mandatory. Links may be included in the FilmFreeway cover letter or emailed to email@example.com.
- Multiple submissions must be provided as individual submissions.
$100 Cash Prize - Audience Choice Award (US Filmmakers ONLY)
Laurel - Official Selection
**TSWY International Film Festival is organized by KMB Entertainment and will be screening online from its online platform. We work in partnership with Belas Arts, a non-profit organization and all profit will be apply to Cash prizes and/or the upcoming productions of new films and live screening festivals.**
Open Submissions: January 1st, 2019
Close Submissions: March 15th, 2019
Notification Date: March 16th, 2019
Festival Dates: March 24th - March 31st, 2019
Open Submissions: April 1st, 2019
Close Submissions: May 15th, 2019
Notification Date: May 16th, 2019
Festival Dates: May 23rd - May 30th, 2019
In Alphabetical Order:
Miles In Love
Our Basketball Dream
Over The Pain
The Matter At Hand
TSWY-A Culture of Silence
The Silent Natural
In Alphabetical Order:
Eye of the Beholder
Hedy and Heidi:The Lost Sister
Greta, My Love
Sign - A Silent Film
Talk to the Hands - A Prologue
This is Ed!!
Wild Prairie Rose
List of Winners
Dawn of the Deaf
Deaf and Dumb
Found on South Street
The Quiet Ones
The Sound of Fear